Friday, March 11, 2011

Caesar essay

Marina Quick
Mr. Allam
English II
11 March, 2011


People of Rome, do you know what friendship means to you? I am Caesar and I am telling you what I learned about friendship, after I died.  To me the meaning of friendship is when someone is being honest and faithful to each other. 
Brutus thinks that it’s okay to lie to your friend and be unfaithful.  How he did this was by back stabbing me and planning to kill me behind my back.  Brutus also thinks that it’s okay to lie. I disagree, because treating friends like this will hurt other people. 
Being honest is really important because, than you can trust your friend with things like telling them secrets and they are always there to stand up to you when you are in a bad situation. When Caesar’s ghost came to Brutus, he realized that he shouldn’t kill his best friend.  Brutus knew he made a mistake, and he didn’t listen to other people. In ACT three Antony said “he was my friend, faithful and just to me” (ACT. 3, SC.2 What Antony is saying is, my friend was honest to me when he lived.  I Caesar would like to say that a true was Antony, because he was always there for me and he was also honest to me.  Also be a friend who is honest and true.
Being faithful to your friends is also important because, if your friends are not faithful to you than they are not called your friends.  My friend Antony was faithful to me, when I was in bad situations.  Brutus was faithful to me, but then I realized that he was never faithful to me.  The only person that was faithful to me was my friend Antony.  Someone that’s faithful to you, it’s easier for you to trust them with things.  In ACT three Antony said “Brutus is an honorable man”(ACT.3 SC.2)  What he says here is that my friend was an honorable man, but Brutus was not an honorable man.  Be very careful who you choose to be your friend. 

I Caesar tell you this, that to be very careful to pick your friends.  It’s really important to have friends that are faithful to you and that are honest to you too.  Don’t ever trust people that are going to back stab you, just like Brutus did to me.   

         

3 comments:

  1. I was able to distiguish your thesis, hook and background in the first paragraph. Good job on that. However first thing I notice is that not the whole essay is double spaced, 12 point, and Times New Roman. You will get credited off on essays in the future for that. How did you pick your thesis sentence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you started with a question. Your into needed to be longer though. You also only have one concrete detail. Why did you pick just friendship as honest and faithful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you put that Brutus might think this, etc. However, put a reason behind why he thinks it is okay to lie and be unfaithful. Do you think that Brutus would agree with you?

    ReplyDelete